Current work in progress
external: The Cure ~ The Lovecats
So, my plan is this: I want to create a 12"x12"x3" bag with a flap closure. I want to put this pattern on the bag, in glow-in-the-dark yarn (which should be coming in tomorrow via UPS). I may possibly cable the sides/strap, depending on if I can teach myself well enough by then.
To work up to being able to knit this, as well as being able to tell whether or not this pattern I made up will actually work, I am knitting a practice bag out of crappy Red Heart acrylic. So far I started the strap, which I intend to be 2 1/2 feet long (since it needs to act as both the strap and the sides for a 6"x6"x2" bag). Unfortunately, I started working it in stockinette, which curls and stretches unbelievably. So, I figured if I kept knitting stockinette for 6", or where it'll technically still be the side of the bag, sewing it to the rest of the bag would take out the curl. Since then I've knit another 4" or so in seed/moss stitch, which is a tad wider somehow and not at all curly. I'm sure I'm making mistakes here and there, but it won't even be visible.
Mom (themommage) is sending me a cable pin in a care package, so when that comes in, I'll be able to start my cabling
disasters practice. Yay for bag preparations!
Until then, I'll keep seed stitching for another foot and a half, and maybe working some more intarsia practice to see if I actually *did* get it the last time around. Fun fun fun fun. Yay!